Set the default folders for saving files
Use the Default Directories dialog box to select the folders where Tekla EPM saves information by default.
To ensure that the default folders are consistent on all computers, you can copy the settings.ini file from that first Tekla EPM installation to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Tekla\Tekla EPM\Settings for all later installations.
- Click the File ribbon tab in the upper-left corner of the Tekla EPM window.
- In the File menu, select Default Directories.The Default Directories dialog box opens. Here, you need to set the default folders for the following content:
Backup: Tekla EPM database backup files
Export: all exported files
Import: all imported files, except for drawing files
Log: import log and error log text files
Document Index: all files saved in the Document Index
Drawing: imported drawing files
Update: Tekla EPM update files
Custom Report: all customized report files
Extension: extensions used together with Tekla EPM
You can use shared drives, IP addresses, or UNC file paths as default folders.
- To change the default folders, do the following:
- Click ... on the right side of a field.
- In the Browse For Folder dialog box, browse to find the folder that you want to set as the default folder.
If necessary, you can add a new folder under the currently selected one by clicking Make New Folder.
- Select the folder.
- Click OK.
Repeat steps a to d to set all necessary default folders.
- To update the default folders, click OK.