Install Tekla EPM
To install Tekla EPM , see the following requirements and instructions. The instructions for installing Tekla EPM vary depending on the computer onto which you are installing Tekla EPM : different instructions apply to the server computer and the client workstations.
The content installed with Tekla EPM
Tekla EPM is the actual application.
The MySQL database contains the information used by Tekla EPM. You can have multiple sets of data within the database.
Note that the MySQL database is usually only installed on the server computer.
Crystal Report viewer opens the report template files and uses an ODBC connection to populate information in reports.
Tekla EPM Remote Server allows performing functions remotely. For example, the Tekla EPM Remote Server allows running automated events and using the Tekla EPM Go mobile application if you have purchased the application.
Tekla EPM connects to the Tekla EPM database, and the connection can be selected by machine and by port.
Normally, the Tekla EPM database is installed on the server computer, and the connection information is the IP address or the computer name of the computer running the server installation. However, the server machine is connected to the local host.
The information that you need to install Tekla EPM
The installer for the correct version of Tekla EPM
The installers and program updates are available in https://download.tekla.com/tekla-powerfab/tekla-epm.
The server name or IP address
The server name or IP address is needed to set the connection to the server when you first log in to a client workstation. We recommend that you write down your server name and IP address for the future.
Suitable locations for the default folders in Tekla EPM
The default folders are the folders where Tekla EPM saves information by default.
We recommend that each Tekla EPM user on each workstation sets the same folders on the Tekla EPM server as default folders, so that sharing information is easy. For more information on the default folders, see Set the default folders for saving files.
For example, you can use the following locations:
Install Tekla EPM
- Go to https://download.tekla.com/tekla-powerfab/tekla-epm.
- Download the installer for the desired Tekla EPM version.
- Double-click the installer to run the installation.
- On the first page of the installation wizard, review the license agreement and accept it.
- On the second page, select the installation type:
- Select the Server option to install Tekla EPM on the server computer.
- Select the Client option to install Tekla EPM on a client workstation.
- Select the Update option if you already have a version of Tekla EPM installed on your computer and want to update the existing program files.
If you select the Server option, the MySQL database is installed. If you select the Client option, the MySQL is not installed. If you select the Update option, only updates to existing program files are automatically installed.
- On the third page, select the folder where you want to install Tekla EPM.
We recommend installing Tekla EPM to the default folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Tekla\Tekla EPM ) shown in the installation wizard.
- Click Install.
Tekla EPM is installed.
Connect to the MySQL database
The following instructions only apply to client workstations, not the server computer.
- Open Tekla EPM on the client workstation.
- To connect to the database of your company, in the Connection Settings dialog box, type the IP address or name of your server.
You do not need to change the port number from the default value 3306.
- Click OK.
- Sign in to Tekla EPM.The default Tekla EPM sign-in information is:
When you have logged in, Tekla EPM may ask you to update the OBDC connection for the report viewer.
- Click Yes.
- Set the default folders for saving Tekla EPM information.
For detailed instructions, see Set the default folders for saving files.
After setting the default folders on the first client machine, you can configure the other client workstations by copying the settings file of the first client workstation in the C:\Users\Public\Documents\Tekla\Tekla EPM\Settings folder to the same location on the other client workstations.